Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Date with my Mom

My Monday was a slow day. Since it is a holiday today, I was not pressured so much in my time sched on my clinics.
What was different today was that I got to get a chance to be with my mom.

You see it will be her birthday this Tuesday, Aug 30. It will be her 72nd birthday. Still very active and does not want to be told to not do anything. She prefers to always do something or work at home.She went back with me to Manila since I went home to Bulacan in the afternoon for my clinic. And in SM North we got to have dinner together.

I am so blessed to have a mom who at her age still is quite active. I just thought to myself that spending time with her is great. This was reinforced when I was informed that the mom of my classmate in Ateneo and even the mom of my prof was hospitalized. I am praying for their fast recovery. I also had a patient referred to me who was also confined due to a stroke.

This made me think that with such time given to me with my mom, it is best to cherish and appreciate the time spent with her.
I just don't want in the end that when she is not with us anymore, it is then the time that I will wish that I should have spent more with her.

How about you, have you spent your time with your love ones? Do it now or you might not get that chance anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment