Saturday, January 20, 2007

Comment: from Discovery weekend blog

Since I reposted the Discovery weekend personal review, I thought that it should also be fitting to place the comment given in spymac website by one of my visitors. Read below and see how it helped him.
-------
The Discovery Weekend is a fantastic way to discover whether or not you are both ready for marriage and understand the commitments that must be made, as well as the adjustments that each must make to accommodate the other.

I undertook the Weekend with my fiancee (at the time) around 6 years ago, and I must say it was an eye-opener, with all of the hard questions that you must discuss (i.e., dealing with finances, in-laws, conflict resolution).

I eventually married her, and I do think that the weekend did help us resolve some of our issues.

I had a friend who attended the weekend at the same time we did; he ended up splitting up with his girlfriend as a result. I thought at the time that it was for the best; better for the conflicts to arise now than after you are married. Eventually though, I found out that they married a few years later.

However, my wife and I still can't bring ourselves to "hold hands while fighting". While a good idea in theory, it's very difficult to do in the heat of the moment.

-Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment