Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The year that was 2006

Hi everyone.
I guess it was quite a long period since I last posted on my Inner piece.
2006 was quite a year for me.
My last blog was about me getting married.

Well definitely, it did not end there in terms of significant events.
What do I mean?

1) Well, last September 29, 2006, a day after the "Milenyo" typhoon here in the Philippines, my father, Dr. Ildefonso L. Martinez died in Bulacan. It was a freak accident. Since he removed the tire wedge and the handbrake was not in place, his van rolled backwards in our garage. He was then pushed backed and went under the van.
Unfortunately, I was informed late because of bad cellphone network (due to the typhoon). When I arrived in Bulacan, I was not able to see my dad alive.\

The last time I talked with him was 2 days before when both of us were handling a patient in Bulacan.

I miss him so dearly and still wonder why he was taken suddenly. All of us were shocked most especially my mom.

I also wished that he was able to see his new granddaughter.
Which now leads me to another event this year.

2) My wife, just gave birth to our first born Baby Girl Marie Emmanuelle B. Martinez last October 23, 2006. Weighing 3.3 kgs. She is definitely an angel given to us. She is currently 2 months plus as of this writing and had her baptism last December 30, 2006.
I now made a blog for her.


So how was this year?
It was a year of happiness due to my wedding, fulfillment due to my graduation in Masters in Business Administration in Health, sadness and grief due to the death of my dad, joy and celebration due to the birth of my first born.

It was quite a year. A year with mixed events. And as the 2007 year begins, I hope and pray that it will be a good year. The only thing that I like to impart at this point, is hope, faith and entrusting the Lord, that whatever happens, He has His reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment