Thursday, January 04, 2007

Jan 5, 2007: My papa's Birthday

January 5, 2007 is suppose to be my papa's 74th birthday. Unfortunately, he did not reach this day. As I mentioned in the previous blog post, he died last September 29, 2006 due to an accident in our garage in Bulacan.

Many people know, admire and love my papa. He is an Occupational physician who is also a general practitioner in our hometown, Meycauayan. Many go to him to have a checkup and are amazed on how he can diagnose with minimal laboratories and give the necessary meds for their ailment.

Initially, I was not attuned with his style, but through the years that I had my clinic with him, I realized that his style has value.

Patients of my father told me that he is one of the last remaining "old" doctors who has a healing touch.

Personally, I am happy to know, that he still was able to witness me getting married and graduating in my masters class. He was always there for me especially when I needed support and assistance in my undertakings.

One of the things, I love, that he did for me was in High School, wherein he gave me the freedom to decide what to do and go provided that I don't abuse it.

A few minutes ago, my nephew asked helped for his Christian Living homework. The story we talked about is the Presentation of the Child Jesus in the Temple in Luke chapter 2. He asked me about the moral of the story and this is my personal reflection. The love of a parent to their child is unending. They will do all they can to make sure that their child is safe and sound.

That is what my papa gave me since the day I was conceived, the unending love in order to make me reach what I have today.
Happy Birthday Papa. I miss you so much. I Love you!

Blog out....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:10 PM

    Hi, Doc Edmund! This has been a very touching tribute.

    I've always known Dr. Ponching Martinez as the kind ol' family doctor in Meycauayan who's ever ready to help us out when we didn't feel well. He had been so good a friend to us that we used to call him "Lolo Doctor."

    May he rest in peace.


    M.
    http://mjsales.multiply.com/

    ReplyDelete