Sunday, September 04, 2005

Reminiscing my Mountaineering Days

When I finished my specialty training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in 1997, I was so sick and tired of being confined in the hospital for the X number of years of training and duties. This lead me to seek the outside and go into more adventures. This lead me to go mountain hiking and joined a group Metropolitan Mountaineering Society.



My almost regular monthly adventures to different mountains and provinces in our country was one of the best years of my life. I enjoyed the company of my colleagues in mountaineering. I found one of my best loves (unfortunately it did not work out), and I found my passion to make sure that I live up to the challenge of scaling our mountains. From Mt. Pulag to Mt. Apo, Mt. Kanlaon to Mt. Banahaw, how I wish I can climb again.

After 2 years of hiatus due to my masters class, I am planning to relive my adventures once I have successfully accomplished my masters thesis.

If you plan to climb or just want to see the beauty of nature click on the links and then decide. As for me, once a mountaineer, always a mountaineer. And the links above are my favorites to relive my trekking days.

No comments:

Post a Comment