Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Buyer's BEWARE!!! Things you don't take for granted



Last Sunday, October 23, 2005, I had a bad experience with Ace hardware in SM Megamall. I was buying a multi-socket extension cord that was priced at 529.75 pesos. Since I happen to have used my credit card, I then realized after getting my receipt and signing the credit receipt that the item was not priced as printed. It was 20 pesos more when it was read through the bar code.

Actually, I don't mind if it is 20 pesos more expensive (in this case), BUT I do mind that the price placed on the item was different from the one in their bar code system. Looking back on this, I then wanted to blog this to point out two things.

1. Never take for granted the items that you buy and the total amount you pay. There are really some instances that a store may bill you improperly (intentionally or not). It was always my habit to always compute what I buy, especially when I do grocery. This is to make sure that when I get the total, it is approximately what I computed and it is part of my mental exercise (to keep my mind sharp). Unfortunately in this instance, I took it for granted.

2. How shops respond to such problems and desire for continuous improvement. When I went to the supervisor to air my irritation, I was surprised to hear from them, that they will just cancel my purchase. What the hell was that? I don't want to cancel my purchase, I want to have them correct the price that they gave me. Now I wonder if those suppose to be supervisors did something already to correct my complaint or they just left it as it is. Which leads me to my second point, most if not all local companies don't have systems that try to see and analyze complaints and act on them. This then makes consumers fall to such bad service and PAY the PRICE literally and figuratively.

So for those of you who like to do a lot of shopping. Be AWARE and BEWARE of such things that you might take for granted.

Blog out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment